Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2008

into otherness

just wanted to share this since i didn't make it to the workshop this weekend.


In water & womb of rhizomes, whales’ cords dissect the walls of split & salt. I awake from into dark to pounding & rhyme of lips linking space to breath. I begin, here, in long sleep & wakefulness, my lungs strangled, impetus to

permutations of color, tongue, & brain & unconceivable explanations concurrent with time. Yet, how my skin recalls scales swept clean by a tongue the taste, the salt & honeycomb of padded membrane memories & the calcified stickum of belong ness

before purged jetsum into color bends even as my eyes unfolded & blinked the brightness of stretch & fringed warmness. I grew thick & weary, an excess of my mother’s womb. I am told, later in life, something happened

the way I lost my name & father’s name; renamed the colors & streets the instance strange tongues strangled the whales’ call & darkness blotched to light. I was betrayed & crucified by my own tongue & hands.

-maria miranda maloney/ 5-31-08

1 comment:

raw poetry by donna snyder said...

Thanks, Maria. This is startling and lovely. You were with us in spirit, and I hope all is well with you.

Donna