Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Emerald Heart, via Chuck Taylor presentation 28 June 08

on 28 June '08, writer/poet Chuck Taylor presented at Tumblewords Project, writing workshop. His theme was based on the heart chakra.


-----


"Breathing Crystalized" - Chevalterre Nabil


Why is it so hard to breathe?
Why do I feel this pain?
It is only in my mind
a feeling not quite sane.


You see how well I am
I sound and look well
But deep down inside
my crystal green heart did swell.


I carry a bag
with things I like
sometimes I forget
the cigarettes and match to stike.


When and why I smoke
I do not know.
But it is like an incense
letting the bad out-flow.


Sometimes I don't need
the actual substance
but I imagine it
and air comes in great abundance.

art animation: Emerald Heart (this is the crystal green heart mentioned in the poem.)


Photobucket


-----


Untiltled: - Chevalterre Nabil


I lean on his chest
he embraces me
warm and soft he feels
All is calm
all is serene


Suddenly, this annoying ticking
makes my neck stiff
and back ache.

tick-tick-tick-tick
Is that your watch?
He doesn't answer...


I freak out
and yell,
"What's going on?!"


He plays with my mind
and plays with my heart


the robot under his skin
As I see the war scars
like a zipper
used to close up the suit


tick-ticK-tiCK-tICK-TICK


I leave him...
he tried to have unprotected sex.


Well, at least my Heart goes,
"Lub-Dub"...


I don't date machines!


-----


Later, during the Tumblewords presentation, Chuck asked us to remember or create some catch-phrases... this is what I came up with:


1. At least my heart doesn't tick. - CN
2. Your heart's a ticking time bomb. - CN
3. If you do not empathize, you have no heart. - CN
4. The heart of an amphibean has drowned the heart of a mammal. - CN

No comments: